Thursday, February 1, 2007

How divorce happens

A husband and wife are sitting quietly in bed reading when the wife looks over at him and asks the question....


WIFE:           "What would you do if I died? Would you get married again?"
 
HUSBAND:    "Definitely not!"
 
WIFE:           "Why not? Don't you like being married?"
 
HUSBAND:    "Of course I do."
 
WIFE:           "Then why wouldn't you remarry?"
 
HUSBAND:    "Okay, okay, I'd get married again."
 
WIFE:           "You would?" (With a hurt look)
 
HUSBAND:    (makes audible groan)
 
WIFE:           "Would you live in our house?"
 
HUSBAND:    "Sure, it's a great house."
 
WIFE:           "Would you sleep with her in our bed?"
 
HUSBAND:    "Where else would we sleep?"
 
WIFE:           "Would you let her drive my car?"
 
HUSBAND:    "Probably, it is almost new."
 
WIFE:           "Would you replace my pictures with hers?"
 
HUSBAND:    "That would seem like the proper thing to do."
 
WIFE:           "Would you give her my jewellery?"
 
HUSBAND:    "No, I'm sure she'd want her own."
 
WIFE:            "Would she use my golf clubs?"
 
HUSBAND:     "No, she's left-handed."
 
WIFE:            -- silence --
 
HUSBAND:     "sh*t."

No comments: